Thanks to my role as a member on the planning committee for our ward’s annual massive crafting day (a.k.a. “Super Saturday”) I’ve begun using Pinterest.
Here is what I’ve learned so far:
1. I am woefully behind on planning my wedding. I mean, I haven’t even pinned pictures of my perfect ring yet. I bring shame to my ovaries.
2. There’s some strong Benedict Cumberbatch love on those boards…
3. …and Chuck Bass fandom isn’t far behind.
4. My Imaginary Well-Dressed Toddler is brilliant, and I want to name a child Ampersand.
5. Apparently Teacher Gifts are a thing? At least I assume so, given the number of apple/pencil/chalkboard-themed knick-knacks with truly terrible puns attached. “I’m going to be one smart COOKIE with you as my teacher”? Really? You know that if you start off the year at level of brown-nosing, you’re not giving yourself much wiggle room come finals.
As I scrolled through those pins I realized that in 12 years of teaching, I have never once received a Back to School Teacher Gift. Unless you count the mild case of pink eye I’m currently sporting. Which I do, even though it didn’t come with a note saying “EYE’m tickled PINK to have an INFECTIOUS teacher like you!”
P.S. I now feel obliged to link to this.