A list of things that made me smile lately:
– A rainy/snowy/generally Bronte-ish weathered Saturday,
– A flock of geese splashing in a flooded gutter on my way to work,
– The mountains first blushing with spots of red, then the leaf-changing growing so now it looks more like the mountains are rusting,
– The student who stopped by after school just to yell “The field trip’s tomorrow!” in celebration,
– The mom who thoroughly embarrassed her son at conferences last week by mentioning his voice changing,
– Having a student tell me she’s decided to become an English teacher
– Being asked by the same student how many math classes she’d have to take in college if she wants to be an English teacher
– The premier of Ugly Betty (I’m a recent fan),
– Laser Cats!
– Getting 20% all purchases at a book fair where 40% of the profits go back to our school,
– Buying 10 books at said book fair,
– Making apple crisp for the cool weather,
– Discovering my cat curled up in tossed-off blankets,
– It’s October!
Happiness to you, too!